Aquatec eCommerce Website
eCommerce Website - Multinational DIY and home improvement retail company
- Aquatec are one of the biggest suppliers of developing custom innovative water and wastewater solutions for government, business and residential clients. They had an old, out of date (software and design) eCommerce website that needed rebuilding.
- Pooj oversaw the entire scoping, business analysis, technical roadmap, project management and deployment of their new eCommerce website. The project took 1 year and cost $450,000.
- Pooj managed multiple teams internally as Head of Web from developers, designers, SEO specialists, QA testers and external 3rd-party software vendors. He also managed IT teams within Aquatec and senior director-level stakeholders to ensure the project ran to budget, time and ROI.
- Discussions with the stakeholders such as Directors and Senior Managers at Aquatec regarding the goal of this project and ROI. Producing a detailed technical scope of the project eCommerce development for the business with stakeholders and other parties involved.
- Working to set budgets and time constraints, acting as Business Analyst for the brand and creating the SOW.
- Creating a project plan using various methodologies to ensure a thorough timeline and road map. Working with multiple Digital, technical and marketing agencies to align goals and launch dates in various countries. Working out how different programming languages would work in tandem to achieve the desired result.
- The custom eCommerce Website included 5 different programming languages as it integrated with multiple third-party software the company used and ranged from Java, PHP, .NET and other stand web languages such as HTML and CSS.
Project Management & Stakeholder Management
- Managing the project on a day-to-day basis to ensure that timelines, sprints and budgets are on target as per agreed spec. Problem solving technical issues that arise and working as a Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Managing other agencies, attending meetings and keeping stakeholders up-to-date with progress and any foreseen issues on the horizon and possible solutions. Taking the lead as to project meeting, agenda's and solution resolutions.
- Ensuring that the new eCommerce website met the stakeholders requirements via figures, QA and UAT phases. Working with senior directors and managers at the brand to ensure that they were happy with the end result. Stress testing the hosting and server response times during heavy periods of traffic. Ensuring the SEO was optimised to continue to rank as one of Australia's biggest Water innovation retailers and improve over time.
- Once sure, deploying the bespoke website and running the website for them with regular rollouts, support and post-deployment training on how to use the website's CMS.
- Pooj personally helped deploy and then on-board the stakeholders at Aquatec as to best practice and how to user and update the CMS on a daily basis with their other inventory and CRM software's.