Bacardi Suns Out Rums Out
Custom Web App & Bar Locator
- Bacardi wanted to run a competition via a bespoke web application in the UK. The idea was to give out free cocktails from 100s of bars around the UK over the summer of 2019. To do so, they needed a bespoke web application and bar location app where the user could register, search their postcode and find the nearest bars to them in the UK. They could then select a bar and have a free cocktail code sent to them.
- This App needed to be integrated onto Bacardi's website, with their CRM and with multiple other third-party software. It also needed updating with new bars every month and to track users who had redeemed the offer.
- Whilst at SPIKA, Pooj oversaw the complete scoping of the project from a technical and marketing point of view, created SOW's and Project Management the build and all agencies involved. He oversaw the deployment and support over a 6 month period to ensure the promotion for Bacardi was a success. He managed multiple agencies and teams globally to achieved this goal.
- Discussions with the stakeholders such as Directors and Senior Managers at Bacardi in the UK & US regarding the goal of this project and ROI. Producing a detailed technical scope of the project application development for the business with stakeholders and other parties involved.
- Working to set budgets and time constraints. Acting as Business Analyst for the brand and create the SOW.
- Creating a project plan using various methodologies to ensure a thorough timeline and road map. Working with multiple Digital, technical and marketing agencies to align goals and launch dates in various countries. Working out how different programming languages would work in tandem to achieve the desired result.
- The custom Web Application was needed to work for this promotion and future promotions with new agencies, so that had to be taken into consideration.
Project Management & Stakeholder Management
- Managing the project on a day-to-day basis to ensure that timelines, sprints and budgets are on target as per agreed spec. Problem solving technical issues that arise and working as a Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Managing other agencies, attending meetings and keeping stakeholders up-to-date with progress and any foreseen issues on the horizon and possible solutions. Taking the lead as to project meeting, agenda's and solution resolutions.
- Ensuring that the new Web Application & Bar locator met the stakeholders requirements via figures, QA and UAT phases. Working with senior directors and managers at the brand to ensure that they were happy with the end result. Stress testing the hosting and server response times during heavy periods of traffic.
- Once sure, deploying the bespoke digital application on the Brand's website and running the campaign for them with regular updates on entrants, Instant winners and losers and stats over a 6 month period.
- Supporting the brand in the UK to ensure that the application created is working as intended. Provided weekly updates on entrants, problem solving issues that occur and analysing analytics data to improve the UX/UI and promo flow to ensure a low bounce-rate.